Anxiety. . .it is gripping our world like never before.
If you turn on the tv, radio, or social media, you will see something to cause fear, panic, doubt, or dread inside. It can be paralyzing if we allow our minds to consume this information all of the time.
Now is the time to change what is going into our minds.
Here are 10 Scriptures to help when anxiety comes stomping your way:
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but one of power, love, and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
- The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
- Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29
- Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. Proverbs 12:25
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
- When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. Psalm 94:19
- And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
- Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1Peter 5:7
Put these scriptures where you can see them. Your mind needs you to remind it of the truth intentionally so the lies can be removed. God’s Word is living and active (Hebrews 4:12), so put it to work.
Write them down in a journal or on a sticky note.
Find other scriptures on fear and anxiety to apply to your life.
Search for books to help you overcome this struggle. There are some great tools out there to put to work in your life. If you click here, you can get my 31 Day Anxiety Elephants Devotional FREE in the eBook format.
Zig Ziglar says it best, “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing-that’s why we recommend it daily.”
To defeat your anxiety, you must work on it daily.
I would love to hear from you! How are you going to put these 10 scriptures into action in your life?